Last week, Dennis Kennedy mentioned the boomlet in social networking — sites like Friendster, LinkedIn, Ryze, and Tribe.net are allowing individuals to set up networks on the Internet, facilitating friendships, romance, business relationships, and more. It’s an interesting idea — I am signed up at LinkedIn just like Dennis — if anyone wants to connect, drop me a line.
Now social networking comes to search engines, with the launch of Eurekster last week. Danny Sullivan reviewed the new search engine, which remembers the sites that you find valuable. When you conduct a search on the site and stick on one of the results for longer than a minute, Eurekster remembers the site for you, and places that site at the top the next time you run that search. Even better, once you send the names of your friends to Eurekster, when those friends use the search engine, they’ll be able to see the sites that are important to you. This is truly the next stage of search engine personalization.
Subscribe to Inter Alia by Email
The Latest from Twitter
- TECHSHOW 2018, here we come! #abatechshow #legaltechnology https://t.co/kqK65h8Xtc 05:18:10 PM March 18, 2017
- The room is full for ABA TECHSHOW kickoff! Looks like about 40% new attendees in the room #ABATECHSHOW https://t.co/4fwaUSsH4Z 08:20:42 AM March 16, 2017
- RT @LegalTalkNet: .@denniskennedy and @TomMighell, stop by. 10 points if you see @LaurenceEsq's photo bomb #ftw https://t.co/s3IYiq9Ifl 08:10:59 PM March 15, 2017
- Great crowd for the Start-Up Pitch Competition! #abatechshow 06:36:55 PM March 15, 2017
- When you're on your way to #abatechshow and the Kennedy expressway is...well, like it usually is. https://t.co/m9aEaHBFR4 02:26:39 PM March 15, 2017
- Operation Mincemeat: How a Dead Man and a Bizarre Plan Fooled the Nazis and Assured an Allied Victory