It has happened to all of us — we dash off an e-mail in haste or in anger, pressing the Send button before we really had time to think about the consequences of our actions. How many e-mails have you received (or sent) that were mailed prematurely?
Well, you don’t have to worry about that anymore, thanks to a service that allows you to retrieve an e-mail after you have sent it. Big String creates a virtual mailbox for you online, where e-mail resides in HTML format. Let’s say you’re angry with your boss, and in a fit of madness dash off an e-mail to the jerk. That’ll show him! Seconds later, you realize your error. With regular mail, it’s too late to recall that e-mail. But with Big String, you can go online and “erase” your original e-mail. The e-mail is still sent to your boss, but since the file is HTML, all he/she will see is blank space. Intriguing, eh? And only $29.95 a year.
Call me old-fashioned, but I’m still a fan of thinking about what you’re doing when you write an e-mail. Compose it carefully, and don’t send it until you’re sure it’s ready to send.
Subscribe to Inter Alia by Email
The Latest from Twitter
- RT @ABATECHSHOW: Creativity and innovation is key to the future success of sustainable, competitive law firms and service providers. #TECHS… about 8 hours ago
- RT @kevinokeefe: Clio (@goclio) launches Outlook 365 Add-In to connect with customer’s most popular email application. Users can now scan… about 9 hours ago
- RT @ABATECHSHOW: You don't want to miss this years Keynote address, given by @computational. He will be discussing how lawyers should embra… about 9 hours ago
- RT @LegalTalkNet: The Difficulty of Switching Technology: https://t.co/dCYoB2FjNO via @YouTube 09:35:34 PM February 20, 2018
- Operation Mincemeat: How a Dead Man and a Bizarre Plan Fooled the Nazis and Assured an Allied Victory