If you have ever pressed Ctrl-Alt-Delete and checked out the “Processes” that are running on your computer at the present moment, you may be baffled by the names you see. Some of them are easy to decipher: iexplore (Internet Explorer), AcroRd32.exe (Acrobat Reader), etc. But what about the others? What do those programs do, and why are they on my computer?
Here’s a page that can help: What the heck is that file? Here you’ll find links to several sites that can help you figure it all out.
Subscribe to Inter Alia by Email
The Latest from Twitter
- Congrats - it’s a great book! https://t.co/dGdZHTG1Ur 08:43:43 PM February 23, 2018
- RT @ABATECHSHOW: Whether you are the litigator or the judge, if the anxiety of walking into a courtroom packed with technology is too much… 07:21:41 PM February 23, 2018
- If Manafort had attended #ABATECHSHOW, maybe he wouldn’t be in this mess: https://t.co/56nnDOsM2J @ABATECHSHOW 07:15:36 PM February 23, 2018
- RT @ABATECHSHOW: Great leadership is one of the most important factors in motivating a team to do amazing work. Get tips on leadership com… 06:57:25 PM February 23, 2018
- RT @LegalTalkNet: What are the best and worst ways to consume the news on a daily basis? Tune into this episode of the #KennedyMighellRepor… 06:39:16 PM February 23, 2018
- Operation Mincemeat: How a Dead Man and a Bizarre Plan Fooled the Nazis and Assured an Allied Victory