There has been a lot of fuss lately over whether, for security reasons, we should all dump our copies of Internet Explorer in favor of Mozilla’s FireFox product. In fact, the Executive Editor over at CNet has officially dumped Internet Explorer. But I tend to agree with the story (also from CNet) Planning to Dump IE? Think Again, which makes the point that, like it or not, many websites simply won’t function in FireFox (in fact, there’s apparently an issue with AI RoboForm that causes the latest version of FireFox to crash — I’m having this problem myself). Further, Windows Update won’t work at all in FireFox.
Fortunately, FireFox anticipated that we would still need to use Internet Explorer, because one of its great extensions is IE View, which installs an “Open Link Target in IE” option when you right-click. So IE is still just a click away.
Subscribe to Inter Alia by Email
The Latest from Twitter
- RT @kevinokeefe: Get 10% Off @ABATECHSHOW With Coupon Code TSFIRM18 via @technolawyer https://t.co/CEROnsVBJh 08:47:09 PM February 16, 2018
- RT @ABATECHSHOW: Meet our 2018 #ABATECHSHOW Keynote speaker, Daniel Katz! @computational#TS18 #Keynote #Technology https://t.co/1o3kz2Xggw… 08:21:16 PM February 16, 2018
- RT @ABATECHSHOW: Join @AnneBrafford at #ABATECHSHOW 2018 for her session, The Path to Lawyer Thriving: Practical Strategies From the 2017 T… 02:50:29 PM February 16, 2018
- Looking forward to speaking at this session! https://t.co/ErYEoMIBA2 02:47:10 PM February 16, 2018
- I had a lot of fun! https://t.co/nSILEBRpop 03:54:33 PM February 14, 2018
- Operation Mincemeat: How a Dead Man and a Bizarre Plan Fooled the Nazis and Assured an Allied Victory