I will freely admit that I am a PowerPoint devotee – when it comes to presentations, I just don’t feel comfortable moving away from its familiar features. But that doesn’t mean I love the program – and I’ll wager that many of you aren’t fans, either. So in the interest of equal time, take a look at these 5 Web-Based Alternatives to PowerPoint.
You’ll find some intriguing alternatives here – I’m especially interested in trying out Prezi, which is less like PowerPoint and more like using a whiteboard, and 280 Slides, which reminds me a lot of Apple’s Keynote. One of the tools, SlideRocket offers collaborative features, but to get good functionality you’ll need to spring for the Pro or Enterprise plan. If collaboration is an important feature for your presentation software, then check outGoogle Docs or Zoho Show.
None of these tools are truly as powerful as PowerPoint, or Keynote, for that matter. They don’t have the animation or transition features that many people like to use in their presentations. Come to think of it, maybe there’s a reason for that, seeing that many presenters how are going away from complicated animation in their presentations. Give these tools a look if you’re interested in trying a new presentation tool.
Subscribe to Inter Alia by Email
The Latest from Twitter
- Us too! MT @LegalTalkNet: Thanks to @denniskennedy & @TomMighell for latest #Kennedy-MighellReport. Loved the format! http://t.co/Rtw1dY9hCd about 11 hours ago
- RT @ronfriedmann: Tweet of the Week: How IBM Shrunk a Complex Contract Down to 2 Pages. ALM http://t.co/SMgfbb3jLz || Great #DoLessLaw exa… about 19 hours ago
- In the latest Kennedy-Mighell Report, Dennis and I discuss getting control over our social media strategies...http://t.co/g8ARGsdwPI 01:39:38 PM December 08, 2014
- Just saw Whiplash - really great music, made me miss my days in jazz band. Highly recommended. http://t.co/JE1KizG27r 10:15:18 PM December 06, 2014
- Is it fair to say most people don’t use smartphones for work? | The top 24 iPhone apps on early adopter homescreens: http://t.co/s398jMq51d 12:08:55 PM December 04, 2014
- Operation Mincemeat: How a Dead Man and a Bizarre Plan Fooled the Nazis and Assured an Allied Victory