I will freely admit that I am a PowerPoint devotee – when it comes to presentations, I just don’t feel comfortable moving away from its familiar features. But that doesn’t mean I love the program – and I’ll wager that many of you aren’t fans, either. So in the interest of equal time, take a look at these 5 Web-Based Alternatives to PowerPoint.
You’ll find some intriguing alternatives here – I’m especially interested in trying out Prezi, which is less like PowerPoint and more like using a whiteboard, and 280 Slides, which reminds me a lot of Apple’s Keynote. One of the tools, SlideRocket offers collaborative features, but to get good functionality you’ll need to spring for the Pro or Enterprise plan. If collaboration is an important feature for your presentation software, then check outGoogle Docs or Zoho Show.
None of these tools are truly as powerful as PowerPoint, or Keynote, for that matter. They don’t have the animation or transition features that many people like to use in their presentations. Come to think of it, maybe there’s a reason for that, seeing that many presenters how are going away from complicated animation in their presentations. Give these tools a look if you’re interested in trying a new presentation tool.
Subscribe to Inter Alia by Email
The Latest from Twitter
- RT @ABATECHSHOW: The Digital Edge (@jimcalloway & @sharonnelsonesq) talks #ABATECHSHOW 2015: Don’t Miss It! (via @LTRC) http://t.co/ZS4eXp… about 7 hours ago
- If you can't get manufacturers to cooperate, go after the SIM Cards: The Great SIM Heist http://t.co/ABqzK6uRxh 05:50:09 PM February 20, 2015
- Inbox didn't work for me, but a lot of people like it |Inbox by Gmail: now in more places - http://t.co/6yQVDPcUDR 12:55:36 PM February 20, 2015
- IFTTT is evolving, and it looks pretty cool | IFTTT Launches 3 “Do” Apps To Automate Photo Sharing, Tasks, Notes: http://t.co/MNlhWNH5xw 12:54:12 PM February 20, 2015
- Very cool: new Chrome extension now makes it simple to attach Dropbox files in Gmail. http://t.co/6bYwg6fqOT 12:15:28 PM February 13, 2015
- Operation Mincemeat: How a Dead Man and a Bizarre Plan Fooled the Nazis and Assured an Allied Victory