I will freely admit that I am a PowerPoint devotee – when it comes to presentations, I just don’t feel comfortable moving away from its familiar features. But that doesn’t mean I love the program – and I’ll wager that many of you aren’t fans, either. So in the interest of equal time, take a look at these 5 Web-Based Alternatives to PowerPoint.
You’ll find some intriguing alternatives here – I’m especially interested in trying out Prezi, which is less like PowerPoint and more like using a whiteboard, and 280 Slides, which reminds me a lot of Apple’s Keynote. One of the tools, SlideRocket offers collaborative features, but to get good functionality you’ll need to spring for the Pro or Enterprise plan. If collaboration is an important feature for your presentation software, then check outGoogle Docs or Zoho Show.
None of these tools are truly as powerful as PowerPoint, or Keynote, for that matter. They don’t have the animation or transition features that many people like to use in their presentations. Come to think of it, maybe there’s a reason for that, seeing that many presenters how are going away from complicated animation in their presentations. Give these tools a look if you’re interested in trying a new presentation tool.
Subscribe to Inter Alia by Email
The Latest from Twitter
- A good guide to keep handy: How to find, view, and delete everything the Amazon Echo and Google Home know about you https://t.co/BfQ8dX4FYT 06:59:20 PM January 20, 2017
- This needs to be consistent across the board: The Google Assistant Commands that Work on Google Home, Pixel, & Allo https://t.co/weCSlfmVe0 08:10:01 PM January 17, 2017
- RT @LegalTalkNet: .@denniskennedy and @TomMighell share their New Years Tech #resolutions for #2017. https://t.co/HXZaOqUzPq https://t.co/l… 03:27:43 PM January 17, 2017
- RT @LegalTalkNet: Have a hard time keeping your New Years #resolutions? @denniskennedy and @TomMighell have some advice https://t.co/OJ8aco… 08:09:39 PM January 13, 2017
- An important topic lawyers should know about; trying to understand it myself: Blockchain 101 for Lawyers Part 1 https://t.co/sBwNvHGQ6n 12:17:25 PM January 10, 2017
- Operation Mincemeat: How a Dead Man and a Bizarre Plan Fooled the Nazis and Assured an Allied Victory