This week’s research site comes from Pro Publica, an independent, nonprofit newsroom that produces investigative journalism in the public interest. One of their projects, the Dialysis Facility Tracker, provides a ton of information on the quality of care provided at dialysis centers across the country. You can learn how often patients have been hospitalized, report certain types of infections, or are placed on the transplant list.
When I did a search for facilities closest to me, I got a chart which compared four facilities. The chart lists Mortality and First Year Mortality statistics, Hospital Admissions and Days in the Hospital, stats related to Septicemia and Access-Related Infections, Anemia Control, Dialysis Adequacy, Vascular Access, and more. The information is taken from the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services, which oversees most dialysis care in the United States.
Subscribe to Inter Alia by Email
The Latest from Twitter
- RT @kevinokeefe: Get 10% Off @ABATECHSHOW With Coupon Code TSFIRM18 via @technolawyer https://t.co/CEROnsVBJh 08:47:09 PM February 16, 2018
- RT @ABATECHSHOW: Meet our 2018 #ABATECHSHOW Keynote speaker, Daniel Katz! @computational#TS18 #Keynote #Technology https://t.co/1o3kz2Xggw… 08:21:16 PM February 16, 2018
- RT @ABATECHSHOW: Join @AnneBrafford at #ABATECHSHOW 2018 for her session, The Path to Lawyer Thriving: Practical Strategies From the 2017 T… 02:50:29 PM February 16, 2018
- Looking forward to speaking at this session! https://t.co/ErYEoMIBA2 02:47:10 PM February 16, 2018
- I had a lot of fun! https://t.co/nSILEBRpop 03:54:33 PM February 14, 2018
- Operation Mincemeat: How a Dead Man and a Bizarre Plan Fooled the Nazis and Assured an Allied Victory