From the looks of it, this is my first official blog post in over 6 months, and only the second post in more than a year. From the days when I used to track law bloggers, I definitely qualify as an “inactive.” I’ve been trying to get back into the blogging swing of things during that time, with an obvious lack of success.
It’s certainly not for lack of content – I am constantly thinking of great blog posts I could be sharing with you. It’s more a lack of time, but I think that’s a cop-out to some extent. I do have the time to write, I just choose to spend it doing other things. I recently realized a major reason for my extended silence: this is a legal technology blog, and I am not truly a legal technology blogger – so much – anymore. The past few years as an information governance consultant have been fantastic, but it continues to take me away from the legal technology field, so I am less in that world these days. On the other hand, I continue to be deeply interested and involved in all forms of technology. How to best represent that on this blog?
Starting today, Inter Alia is back, and with a slight change of focus. While I will continue to discuss legal technology issues, I’m going to spend a lot more time talking about the “non-legal” technologies lawyers need to understand – the best consumer technology tools, apps, and services that may not be designed just for lawyers, but can still help you be more efficient in the way you practice. Those of you who listen to Dennis and me on The Kennedy-Mighell Report podcast know that we are always talking about the newest technologies and devices for lawyers, even though they might not be grounded in the world of legal technology. You can expect to see more of that here, as well in a couple of other places – on Twitter, Facebook, and maybe one other outlet – you’ll have to wait until the next post to find out about that.
For my past readers, thanks for sticking with me – let’s get back to work.
Subscribe to Inter Alia by Email
The Latest from Twitter
- Gaining on Alexa: Start shopping with the Google Assistant on Google Home https://t.co/PUU6dfN13G 07:39:47 PM February 17, 2017
- Also intriguing.....:Voice calls may be coming to the Amazon Echo and Google Home https://t.co/E0GZPLPwOp 07:39:53 PM February 16, 2017
- Very intriguing: Exclusive: The Caavo streaming box is built on game-changing machine vision for TV https://t.co/eFNDxErxfY 07:25:08 PM February 16, 2017
- Loop, the Legal AI Assistant You Talk To https://t.co/cL9krM8Vea 07:09:52 PM February 16, 2017
- A must-buy for the solo/small firm lawyer: The 2017 Solo and Small Firm Legal Technology Guide https://t.co/WNOOS6pMI5 07:50:04 PM February 14, 2017
- Operation Mincemeat: How a Dead Man and a Bizarre Plan Fooled the Nazis and Assured an Allied Victory