From the looks of it, this is my first official blog post in over 6 months, and only the second post in more than a year. From the days when I used to track law bloggers, I definitely qualify as an “inactive.” I’ve been trying to get back into the blogging swing of things during that time, with an obvious lack of success.
It’s certainly not for lack of content – I am constantly thinking of great blog posts I could be sharing with you. It’s more a lack of time, but I think that’s a cop-out to some extent. I do have the time to write, I just choose to spend it doing other things. I recently realized a major reason for my extended silence: this is a legal technology blog, and I am not truly a legal technology blogger – so much – anymore. The past few years as an information governance consultant have been fantastic, but it continues to take me away from the legal technology field, so I am less in that world these days. On the other hand, I continue to be deeply interested and involved in all forms of technology. How to best represent that on this blog?
Starting today, Inter Alia is back, and with a slight change of focus. While I will continue to discuss legal technology issues, I’m going to spend a lot more time talking about the “non-legal” technologies lawyers need to understand – the best consumer technology tools, apps, and services that may not be designed just for lawyers, but can still help you be more efficient in the way you practice. Those of you who listen to Dennis and me on The Kennedy-Mighell Report podcast know that we are always talking about the newest technologies and devices for lawyers, even though they might not be grounded in the world of legal technology. You can expect to see more of that here, as well in a couple of other places – on Twitter, Facebook, and maybe one other outlet – you’ll have to wait until the next post to find out about that.
For my past readers, thanks for sticking with me – let’s get back to work.
Subscribe to Inter Alia by Email
The Latest from Twitter
- TECHSHOW 2018, here we come! #abatechshow #legaltechnology https://t.co/kqK65h8Xtc 05:18:10 PM March 18, 2017
- The room is full for ABA TECHSHOW kickoff! Looks like about 40% new attendees in the room #ABATECHSHOW https://t.co/4fwaUSsH4Z 08:20:42 AM March 16, 2017
- RT @LegalTalkNet: .@denniskennedy and @TomMighell, stop by. 10 points if you see @LaurenceEsq's photo bomb #ftw https://t.co/s3IYiq9Ifl 08:10:59 PM March 15, 2017
- Great crowd for the Start-Up Pitch Competition! #abatechshow 06:36:55 PM March 15, 2017
- When you're on your way to #abatechshow and the Kennedy expressway is...well, like it usually is. https://t.co/m9aEaHBFR4 02:26:39 PM March 15, 2017
- Operation Mincemeat: How a Dead Man and a Bizarre Plan Fooled the Nazis and Assured an Allied Victory