I had the great honor to attend a mini-conference on September 9 held by the Civil Rules Committee of the U.S. Judicial Conference. Actually, it was the Discovery Subcommittee that was meeting, along with a number of well-known invited guests. They included Judge Shira Sheindlin,
Our next “Legal Technology Week” blog: The e-Discovery Myth is a blog devoted to dispelling misconceived notions related to e-Discovery. Even better, it’s written by the great e-discovery lawyers at LeClair Ryan, including my good friend and former colleague Dennis Kiker. Dennis […]
If you aren’t paying attention to your metadata you should be. Workshare, the company that sells the DeltaView product, is sponsoring Metadatarisk.org, the “definitive source for content security.” You’ll find lots of good resources here, from learning about metadata to […]
Researchers in Europe have developed a technology that allows a person to identify redacted words and phrases in confidential documents.
Gee, in the hands of an unscrupulous lawyer, this tool could have serious implications for attorney-client privilege.
The New York Times reports on recent developments in the field of “text mining,” which uses technology more powerful than a search engine to examine thousands of pages in a relatively short period of time. Is it the next big idea in […]
My good friend Jim Calloway, of the Oklahoma Bar Association Management Assistance Program, writes on various tools used for conducting electronic discovery. Also referenced is an article from Judge Stephen Friot (of the Western District of Oklahoma) on
Dennis discusses an issue today to which I really need to pay more attention –metadata in Word, Excel, and PowerPoint documents. Metadata is information contained in the file regarding your prior edits or comments, and while it’s […]
Subscribe to Inter Alia by Email
The Latest from Twitter
- I just can’t see using a round phone…MT @PCMag: What is Runcible? It's a smartphone, anti-smartphone, & a lot more. http://t.co/m0m2Xi7yAC 02:28:56 PM March 03, 2015
- RT @LegalTalkNet: Try a paperless office? Thanks for the new episode, @denniskennedy and @TomMighell! http://t.co/paMTEOKQyW 09:22:07 AM February 28, 2015
- RT @ABATECHSHOW: The Digital Edge (@jimcalloway & @sharonnelsonesq) talks #ABATECHSHOW 2015: Don’t Miss It! (via @LTRC) http://t.co/ZS4eXp… 09:02:55 AM February 26, 2015
- If you can't get manufacturers to cooperate, go after the SIM Cards: The Great SIM Heist http://t.co/ABqzK6uRxh 05:50:09 PM February 20, 2015
- Inbox didn't work for me, but a lot of people like it |Inbox by Gmail: now in more places - http://t.co/6yQVDPcUDR 12:55:36 PM February 20, 2015
- Operation Mincemeat: How a Dead Man and a Bizarre Plan Fooled the Nazis and Assured an Allied Victory