I had the great honor to attend a mini-conference on September 9 held by the Civil Rules Committee of the U.S. Judicial Conference. Actually, it was the Discovery Subcommittee that was meeting, along with a number of well-known invited guests. They included Judge Shira Sheindlin,
Our next “Legal Technology Week” blog: The e-Discovery Myth is a blog devoted to dispelling misconceived notions related to e-Discovery. Even better, it’s written by the great e-discovery lawyers at LeClair Ryan, including my good friend and former colleague Dennis Kiker. Dennis […]
If you aren’t paying attention to your metadata you should be. Workshare, the company that sells the DeltaView product, is sponsoring Metadatarisk.org, the “definitive source for content security.” You’ll find lots of good resources here, from learning about metadata to […]
Researchers in Europe have developed a technology that allows a person to identify redacted words and phrases in confidential documents.
Gee, in the hands of an unscrupulous lawyer, this tool could have serious implications for attorney-client privilege.
The New York Times reports on recent developments in the field of “text mining,” which uses technology more powerful than a search engine to examine thousands of pages in a relatively short period of time. Is it the next big idea in […]
Dennis discusses an issue today to which I really need to pay more attention —metadata in Word, Excel, and PowerPoint documents. Metadata is information contained in the file regarding your prior edits or comments, and while it’s […]
Subscribe to Inter Alia by Email
The Latest from Twitter
- Getting ready to speak with one of my favorite groups, the Paralegal Division of the State Bar of Texas! #sbot17 https://t.co/5r8vEb1EWu about 6 hours ago
- RT @LegalTalkNet: Want to get into #3Dprinting but don’t know how to get started? @denniskennedy and @TomMighell have you covered https://t… 05:24:37 PM June 21, 2017
- You won’t be able to use your Surface Book if you want to take the bar in Tennessee https://t.co/vB3L6bnsSO 08:55:54 PM June 20, 2017
- RT @LegalTalkNet: @denniskennedy and @TomMighell answer a listener question about the #HomePod https://t.co/FDXcZ6ANhh 06:58:37 PM June 19, 2017
- RT @ltrc: In this podcast, @denniskennedy and @TomMighell share some tips for traveling with technology. #mobiletech #travel https://t.co/5… 01:37:02 PM June 12, 2017
- Operation Mincemeat: How a Dead Man and a Bizarre Plan Fooled the Nazis and Assured an Allied Victory