I had the great honor to attend a mini-conference on September 9 held by the Civil Rules Committee of the U.S. Judicial Conference. Actually, it was the Discovery Subcommittee that was meeting, along with a number of well-known invited guests. They included Judge Shira Sheindlin,
Our next “Legal Technology Week” blog: The e-Discovery Myth is a blog devoted to dispelling misconceived notions related to e-Discovery. Even better, it’s written by the great e-discovery lawyers at LeClair Ryan, including my good friend and former colleague Dennis Kiker. Dennis […]
If you aren’t paying attention to your metadata you should be. Workshare, the company that sells the DeltaView product, is sponsoring Metadatarisk.org, the “definitive source for content security.” You’ll find lots of good resources here, from learning about metadata to […]
Researchers in Europe have developed a technology that allows a person to identify redacted words and phrases in confidential documents.
Gee, in the hands of an unscrupulous lawyer, this tool could have serious implications for attorney-client privilege.
The New York Times reports on recent developments in the field of “text mining,” which uses technology more powerful than a search engine to examine thousands of pages in a relatively short period of time. Is it the next big idea in […]
Dennis discusses an issue today to which I really need to pay more attention —metadata in Word, Excel, and PowerPoint documents. Metadata is information contained in the file regarding your prior edits or comments, and while it’s […]
Subscribe to Inter Alia by Email
The Latest from Twitter
- Gaining on Alexa: Start shopping with the Google Assistant on Google Home https://t.co/PUU6dfN13G 07:39:47 PM February 17, 2017
- Also intriguing.....:Voice calls may be coming to the Amazon Echo and Google Home https://t.co/E0GZPLPwOp 07:39:53 PM February 16, 2017
- Very intriguing: Exclusive: The Caavo streaming box is built on game-changing machine vision for TV https://t.co/eFNDxErxfY 07:25:08 PM February 16, 2017
- Loop, the Legal AI Assistant You Talk To https://t.co/cL9krM8Vea 07:09:52 PM February 16, 2017
- A must-buy for the solo/small firm lawyer: The 2017 Solo and Small Firm Legal Technology Guide https://t.co/WNOOS6pMI5 07:50:04 PM February 14, 2017
- Operation Mincemeat: How a Dead Man and a Bizarre Plan Fooled the Nazis and Assured an Allied Victory