I had the great honor to attend a mini-conference on September 9 held by the Civil Rules Committee of the U.S. Judicial Conference. Actually, it was the Discovery Subcommittee that was meeting, along with a number of well-known invited guests. They included Judge Shira Sheindlin,
Our next “Legal Technology Week” blog: The e-Discovery Myth is a blog devoted to dispelling misconceived notions related to e-Discovery. Even better, it’s written by the great e-discovery lawyers at LeClair Ryan, including my good friend and former colleague Dennis Kiker. Dennis […]
If you aren’t paying attention to your metadata you should be. Workshare, the company that sells the DeltaView product, is sponsoring Metadatarisk.org, the “definitive source for content security.” You’ll find lots of good resources here, from learning about metadata to […]
Researchers in Europe have developed a technology that allows a person to identify redacted words and phrases in confidential documents.
Gee, in the hands of an unscrupulous lawyer, this tool could have serious implications for attorney-client privilege.
The New York Times reports on recent developments in the field of “text mining,” which uses technology more powerful than a search engine to examine thousands of pages in a relatively short period of time. Is it the next big idea in […]
Dennis discusses an issue today to which I really need to pay more attention —metadata in Word, Excel, and PowerPoint documents. Metadata is information contained in the file regarding your prior edits or comments, and while it’s […]
Subscribe to Inter Alia by Email
The Latest from Twitter
- I am trying this on my next trip: How to Override the Hotel Thermostat https://t.co/gUh7q3HFHw (Johnny Jet) 06:12:14 PM February 04, 2016
- Time to hand jive! 👏🏻 👋🏻 👏🏻 👍🏻 👎🏻 ✊🏻 #GreaseLive 07:57:27 PM January 31, 2016
- Right now, my Twitter feed is evenly split between #GreaseLive and #IAcaucus - I think I prefer the musical performance over the political. 07:41:15 PM January 31, 2016
- Here’s Exhibit A for “Why lawyers need a quality web designer”: 7 Hilarious Things Wrong with Ken Kratz’s website: https://t.co/CoB2XMFI8G 07:27:57 AM January 31, 2016
- Outlook for iOS gets a calendar widget as Sunrise's sunset looms https://t.co/fmBgBrsHTY (PC World) 08:00:37 PM January 29, 2016
- Operation Mincemeat: How a Dead Man and a Bizarre Plan Fooled the Nazis and Assured an Allied Victory