I had the great honor to attend a mini-conference on September 9 held by the Civil Rules Committee of the U.S. Judicial Conference. Actually, it was the Discovery Subcommittee that was meeting, along with a number of well-known invited guests. They included Judge Shira Sheindlin,
Our next “Legal Technology Week” blog: The e-Discovery Myth is a blog devoted to dispelling misconceived notions related to e-Discovery. Even better, it’s written by the great e-discovery lawyers at LeClair Ryan, including my good friend and former colleague Dennis Kiker. Dennis […]
If you aren’t paying attention to your metadata you should be. Workshare, the company that sells the DeltaView product, is sponsoring Metadatarisk.org, the “definitive source for content security.” You’ll find lots of good resources here, from learning about metadata to […]
Researchers in Europe have developed a technology that allows a person to identify redacted words and phrases in confidential documents.
Gee, in the hands of an unscrupulous lawyer, this tool could have serious implications for attorney-client privilege.
The New York Times reports on recent developments in the field of “text mining,” which uses technology more powerful than a search engine to examine thousands of pages in a relatively short period of time. Is it the next big idea in […]
Dennis discusses an issue today to which I really need to pay more attention —metadata in Word, Excel, and PowerPoint documents. Metadata is information contained in the file regarding your prior edits or comments, and while it’s […]
Subscribe to Inter Alia by Email
The Latest from Twitter
- A good guide to keep handy: How to find, view, and delete everything the Amazon Echo and Google Home know about you https://t.co/BfQ8dX4FYT 06:59:20 PM January 20, 2017
- This needs to be consistent across the board: The Google Assistant Commands that Work on Google Home, Pixel, & Allo https://t.co/weCSlfmVe0 08:10:01 PM January 17, 2017
- RT @LegalTalkNet: .@denniskennedy and @TomMighell share their New Years Tech #resolutions for #2017. https://t.co/HXZaOqUzPq https://t.co/l… 03:27:43 PM January 17, 2017
- RT @LegalTalkNet: Have a hard time keeping your New Years #resolutions? @denniskennedy and @TomMighell have some advice https://t.co/OJ8aco… 08:09:39 PM January 13, 2017
- An important topic lawyers should know about; trying to understand it myself: Blockchain 101 for Lawyers Part 1 https://t.co/sBwNvHGQ6n 12:17:25 PM January 10, 2017
- Operation Mincemeat: How a Dead Man and a Bizarre Plan Fooled the Nazis and Assured an Allied Victory