Lexis and the American Bar Association have reached an agreement to digitize the ABA’s CLE programs so that they will be available online for lawyers to view. The ABA usually has some pretty good CLE programs, so this will be a nice online offering.
The faculty at the Moritz College of Law at Ohio State University have published an e-book on election law, which forms the cornerstone of Election Law @ Moritz, “information and insight on the laws governing federal, state, and local elections. Looks like good stuff (Via Law Dawg Blawg)
The Medicaid Resource Book is provided by the Kaiser Family Foundation, and describes “four pivotal aspects of how the Medicaid program operates — who it covers, what it covers, how it is financed, and how it is administered.” All of the resources here are contained in PDF files, so you can easily save them [...]
Do you ever wonder if anyone is using your content on the web? Do you clients ever wonder this? Perhaps Copyscape can help. This site, which is powered by GoogleAlert, allows you to enter the address of your original web page, and receive back a listing of sites where your content is being [...]
Carolyn Elefant points out that my favorite investigative site, Accurint, has been bought out by Lexis (well, Reed Elsevier). Carolyn worries that Lexis may tinker with Accurint’s formula and raise prices in the process. Let’s hope not.
Wanna catch a criminal in Massachusetts? Head over to MassMostWanted, select a region, and you’ll find a list of individuals currently wanted for robbery, theft, assault, and other offenses. You can even search by the type of crime or physical characteristics of the individual.
Lexis and Westlaw are wonderfully powerful services, but let’s face it, they’re darned expensive to use. That’s why I love to hear when there’s a new way to use these services in a way that won’t send your clients to your front door complaining about the size of their bills.
I was also excited to find that Inter Alia has been named the MVP Site for July over at Internet Tools for Lawyers. Jerry Lawson always chooses interesting and helpful sites each month, and I’m flattered to be included. Thanks, Jerry!
Subscribe to Inter Alia by Email
The Latest from Twitter
- 10 Evernote Search Tips to Power Productivity http://t.co/vZ395xGJ1n about 16 hours ago
- Gotta try this out: TravelCard review: backup battery power in your pocket http://t.co/xezvEz3Q3e 08:39:07 PM August 31, 2014
- Wow RT @voxdotcom: Stunning before and after photos of California's drought: http://t.co/obqPAfP7Uh http://t.co/1CYjDEr0Ct 08:21:22 PM August 31, 2014
- RT @FiveThirtyEight: Just 20% of 16- and 17-year-olds worked this summer, down from about 45% in the 1970s. http://t.co/oYIsjJGQ3H http://t… 07:33:13 PM August 31, 2014
- With 1TB of storage, this is an interesting option | How to Stream Your Media Anywhere with Dropbox and Google Drive http://t.co/OGwKyR3sXp 08:10:50 PM August 30, 2014
- Operation Mincemeat: How a Dead Man and a Bizarre Plan Fooled the Nazis and Assured an Allied Victory