If you haven’t run Windows Update lately, you might want to think about doing so. A new worm called Plexus is exploiting weaknesses in the Windows operating system to enter your PC, harvest your e-mail addresses, and send out the virus under your name. […]
Viruses are bad no matter when you get them. But many viruses are designed to deliver their payload on a specific date. If you are curious about learning more about this, check out the Virus Calendar over at McAfee.
Gee, Earthlink really has it going on as a proactive ISP, huh? First they offer free spyware auditing services; now they’re introducing a new toolbar called ScamBlocker, which is designed to track and […]
How often do you check to see if you have spyware residing on your computer? I check once a month, and so far I’ve been pretty lucky — most of the spyware found is limited to tracking cookies we all pick up at various websites. But Earthlink, which has started […]
A new Internet worm was released this past weekend, and it’s infecting computers at a fast and furious rate. The Sasser worm does notrequire e-mail or user interaction to infect your PC — all it needs is an unprotected Internet connection. So if you’re running Windows 2000 or XP, make sure […]
Microsoft recognizes that most computer users really don’t pay attention to the company’s warnings about how to keep their PCs safe from spyware, viruses, and other bad stuff. That’s why future software releases will contain dialog boxes, warning messages, and […]
It’s amazing how lax people are about their own security. In a recent study in the U.K., 7 out of 10 people gave up their Internet passwords to a total stranger who offered them chocolate in exchange for them.
The number of phishing scams has increased exponentially over the past six months, rising from 279 to 215,643. The reason for this has to be (in part, anyway), that many of these scams are successful. If Internet users stop taking the bait, the phisher-people will have to find […]
Subscribe to Inter Alia by Email
The Latest from Twitter
- RT @ABATECHSHOW: Creativity and innovation is key to the future success of sustainable, competitive law firms and service providers. #TECHS… about 8 hours ago
- RT @kevinokeefe: Clio (@goclio) launches Outlook 365 Add-In to connect with customer’s most popular email application. Users can now scan… about 9 hours ago
- RT @ABATECHSHOW: You don't want to miss this years Keynote address, given by @computational. He will be discussing how lawyers should embra… about 9 hours ago
- RT @LegalTalkNet: The Difficulty of Switching Technology: https://t.co/dCYoB2FjNO via @YouTube 09:35:34 PM February 20, 2018
- Operation Mincemeat: How a Dead Man and a Bizarre Plan Fooled the Nazis and Assured an Allied Victory