I have Microsoft Outlook installed on my home computer, but I only use the Gmail interface – I have made the choice not to use Outlook at home (I use it quite a bit for work). Unfortunately, though, my computer still thinks Outlook is my default email provider, and so when I click on an […]
I wanted to continue the Google love this week by posting on another fantastic feature that has finally been enabled in Gmail. It’s Auto-Advance, something that you might already be using if you use Outlook to manage your email. I really like the ability to move directly to the newest […]
If you’re a Gmail user, you might want to to give this Gmail Security Checklist a onceover. It takes you through an assessment of security basics – on your computer, your browser, your Google account, and then your Gmail settings. And although this is designed for Gmail, many […]
There’s no question that Facebook would love it if it was the one destination all of us used all day, every day. Toward that end, they recently unveiled Facebook Messages, which features texts, chat and email together in one single line of conversation. It’s definitely an interesting concept, […]
I am really liking some of the new features offered by Gmail recently, and dragging and dropping is one of my favorites. First, Gmail unveiled the ability for users to attach documents and other files to a Gmail message simply by dragging and dropping the file from a folder to the message. Yes, that’s as […]
Did you ever think to take the subject headlines from spam e-mail and turn them into cartoons? You haven’t? Well, somebody has, and he’s posted the cartoons for you at Spamusement.
If you’re tired of trying to figure out which e-mails are legitimate and which are fishing scams, you might want to give the newest version of Eudora, which includes the new Scamwatch tool. It analyzes the links contained in e-mails that you receive, and […]
It’s old but still good news — the state of Virginia has secured the first felony convictions for spammers — 9 years in prison! Finally, an anti-spam law that gets results. Will it act as a deterrent? Probably not, for a while.
Spam is now a part of our daily existence. Fortunately, filters have emerged that can cut out the junk, and greatly reduce the crush of mail that invades our inboxes every day. Unfortunately, some of the filters being used are too strong, and the result is that valid e-mails are being deleted without our knowledge. Here’s what’s […]
Subscribe to Inter Alia by Email
The Latest from Twitter
- RT @CenterbaseRob: Beginning our #ABATECHSHOW preparations early this year. 2018 will be a BIG year for @Centerbase! @ABATECHSHOW about 20 hours ago
- RT @imokx: Speaking of cool events on Thursday of @ABATECHSHOW, my panel with @Chasramp, @rightbrainlaw, @tiffmgraves, and @JPMNOLA will be… 06:59:03 PM December 13, 2017
- RT @JoshuaLenon: And be sure to keep Thursday night open at @ABATECHSHOW! @goclio always throws the best party, and the 2018 is going to be… 05:47:02 PM December 13, 2017
- RT @AZPractice2_0: Counting the days to ABA TECHSHOW 2018, where law and technology meet. @StateBarofAZ members get discounted registratio… 05:38:47 PM December 13, 2017
- Operation Mincemeat: How a Dead Man and a Bizarre Plan Fooled the Nazis and Assured an Allied Victory